Monday, July 31, 2006

One Night in Beijing...

so under HEAVY request by Miss Becca Yang, I will spill my travel story. Since Taiwan is so familiar to me, I've got nothing to say about it, plus i din take any pictures anywayz~~ Beijing was amazingly clean but sadly as a tourist u dun feel kinda secure w/o some sorta guide hanging w/ u... maybe just me. Traffic is HORRIBLE, even worse than TW. BUT, being in BJ was kinda cool, for da 1st time in my life, I feel Chinese and wut it means to be Chinese and wut it's like. U feel kinda proud n say " look @ wut we Chinese has built b4 and how strong we are" hell w/ da foreigners haha. Everything was new to me and everything was different from anything i've seen...from streets, to food, to cars and clothing...cos we're talking about a west west Canada meeting with a 100% Eastern-->China.

YUM....BUGS
1st nite was nite market nite. Just a lil long street with food stalls on da side to get a feel of Beijing. It was amazingly clean and food was things i've never seen b4...of course like bugs, scorpions etc. Rest was NORMAL hehe... chek it (ya...sadly i din eat any scorpions eh?)





WONTON GOODNESS
so just a bit of snack not gonna heal us, so our friend Zhang bot us to a nearby famous wonton place. Frankly, wonton wasn't dat tasty...actually nothing in BJ was tasty to us...da flavor is just not my style..prolly dat diff water or oil or wut shit...food wasn't bad, just not tasty~ anywayz, the place was packed and we ordered some wonton n sidedishes and a couple China beers. I was like ew...beers...but it's so hot...Guess wut? China beers are da thang man~~ it's so good, i am a beer hater but dis beer "Yan Jing" ain't got da nasty bitterness, it was mild, not heavy and tasted cool~~ dat was my regular drink every lunch n dinner hahaha thou da alcohol kicks in pretty kick, like after 2 cups. Usually i dun feel a thing after a pitcher haha j/k


OUTSIDE FORBIDDEN
so it was getting late n Zhang drove us past da Forbidden City n showed us da outside. Cos we're heading 1st thing next morning. Da palace looked really solemn n walking towards it u feel that u shouldn't breath...as if ur gonna break something. I feel like a kid that stole candy...the palace speaks to me n tells me dis IS wut chinese are like. Beijing is a cool city in that they live in a both traditional and modern city. U wake up n go to work n u drive past da Forbidden City...a palace...where all da kings and queens lived...da enuchs...it's like watching TV drama come alive...da feeling is overwhelming but i think Beijingers are sick of it haha

China is so big so i gotta split my travel stories hehe....stay tune n of course becca, now u have more things to read~

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not Enough!!

6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home